let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Cowichan Valley
Cherrywood Lane, two bedroom condo located on no thru road. Kitchen and bathroom redone 2019 - custom soft close cabinet doors, Corian countertop, stainless oversized sinks and high end faucet, Italian marble countertop, glass vessel sink and faucet in bath. New washer and dryer 2021, hot water tank 2019, 2020 vinyl plank flooring through principal rooms, bath and hall. Most baseboard heaters replaced 2020 as...
This newly updated 2 bedroom, 2 bath strata/condo located at Prevost Place, is walking distance to many amenities including a brand new shopping centre, many established local businesses, schools, outdoor recreation, and the hospital. This condo is on the ground floor and faces west in direction, great for afternoon sun exposure, and has a concrete patio for outdoor relaxation. The bright living room leads t...Listed by RE/MAX ISLAND PROPERTIES
Perched on top of a private sunny acreage sits this lovely home with stunning ocean views of Satellite Channel and Saltspring Island. Constructed in 2005, this home was placed with a premium ocean view, alongside a potential second future building site. Built to a very high standard, features include vaulted ceilings, large Pella windows, and reclaimed fir and oak floors. Open concept design with spacious liv...Listed by RE/MAX ISLAND PROPERTIES
Located on the quiet side of the building, your 2nd floor, 2-bed, 2 full bath corner unit is in one of Duncan's most popular buildings "On the Park". Open floor plan with loads of windows, bright white kitchen with updated appliances, natural gas fire place, 2 balconies, updated in-suite laundry & a storage unit on the ground level. The primary bedroom offers a large walk-in closet & full ensuite with double ...Listed by Pemberton Holmes - Duncan
Maplewood Manor, convenient location, walk to shops, banks and professional offices. Ground floor condo - one child allowed, other floors 19+, south facing patio, one bedroom plus light and bright den/office featuring glass block wall and closet. Renovated washroom with convenient walk in shower, laminate and vinyl floors, in unit laundry, soft neutral decor, up/down blinds, lighting in closets, great U-shape...
Great Value! Main level living with an incredible location close to town. This home is extremely private and quiet with a cool shaded yard for the summer and brightly lit for the winter months. Easy living main level entrance. Featuring the Master Bedroom on the main floor, with a nice ensuite and walk in shower. The living room has nice high ceilings and an electric fire place. The kitchen has abundant cab...Listed by RE/MAX ISLAND PROPERTIES
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.